Monday, November 19, 2012

Perspective


It's so easy to get wrapped up in the details of your own life...to get upset or frustrated at all the things going wrong. For instance, this morning I couldn't find my glasses, spilled coffee on my computer, ran late for class, then got so frustrated with one of my teachers I wanted to stab myself in the eye. I also have the underlying 25 page paper to write and my two finals to study for. These are my "problems" that I stress and bitch about.

And then I found out a good friend of mine has stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has moved to her aorta.

And that, ladies and gentleman, is what you call "perspective."

Finding out someone has cancer really puts my little nuances into perspective. It also makes me extremely thankful for the things I have. It makes me thankful that my family has insurance so that I can have glasses. It makes me thankful that I have a computer and can afford coffee. It makes me thankful that I am in law school and have the opportunity to have class to be late to and to write papers for. It makes me thankful that I have the ability to study for classes and the opportunity to learn.

I lead such a blessed, amazing life, full of so many wonderful people. It's so important to realize what I have and to just... be happy, joyous and thankful for everything. So, I ask of you two things: 1. I ask you to always be thankful, not just in November, but always, and 2. I ask you to please pray for my friend.


Have a blessed and wonderful Monday lovies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment