Thursday, April 18, 2013

Starting Over


"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted...You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house."  --Matthew 5:3-15 


After the tragedy in Boston on Monday and West yesterday, I came to the realization, now more than ever I think, that life is so incredibly short. We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, we are not guaranteed anything. We are not guaranteed to finish this path that we have set for ourselves. Life can truly change in an instant. It flies by so fast, that sometimes you miss the miracles and beauty that surrounds you. 

I have realized that I have been wishing my life away. Wishing to be done with high school so I can go to Tech, wishing to get into law school, wishing to be engaged (yes I'll admit that #honestmoment #dontjudge) wishing law school was over so I could finally get a job...wishing it all away when what I should have been doing all along was enjoying each moment, the triumphs and failures, the laughter, love, and tears, that are part of life. Those moments, those people, that make your life what is it, that make you who you are and who you will become. 

That being said, I am going to try to press the reset button and start over. I am going to try to chronicle my moments here, in full honesty, so that I take the time to enjoy my life and reflect on all the "little" moments. I want to be able to look back, years from now (if I am so lucky) and show my kids what my life was like. The struggles I went through. The lessons I learned. The people I loved and the people who loved me back. I want to be able to look back when I'm older and have these wonderful memories. I don't want to ever forget how lucky and blessed my life has been.

I will try to catch things up to where life is now in the coming entries but for now, let's try to enjoy every moment, take time to tell the ones you love how much they mean to you, and pray for the lives lost in Boston and West, as well as the individuals who are trying to recover from their injuries, and the families whose lives will be forever changed because of these tragic events. 





1 comment: