Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Final Countdown

Well after 20 years of homework, pop quizzes, TAKS tests, and finals, I am in my last full week of school. How crazy is that? To think I've been in school all but 5 years of my life and now it is coming to an end. It is so amazing, yet so scary at the same time.

I'm a very Type-A person. I like to have a plan--not necessarily for the day-to-day activities, but for the future. I like to know where I'm headed next because uncertainty and the unknown tends to scare the living sh*t freak me out a little. Law school has helped with this phobia- it has taught me a lot about taking things day by day, to control what you can and let be what you cannot. However, I still appreciate the opportunity to be able to have a future plan.

This will be my third go-around of graduation yet my first where I don't have any clue as to where I will be in 6 months to a year from now. When I graduated from Abilene High, I knew I was going to be a Red Raider.

Hey there hot stuff
When I graduated from Tech, I knew I was going to Tech Law (thank God).

My sweet family <3

And now I'm going through my last round of senioritis (which by the way, is worst than ever before), my last week of school, my last graduation and I'm not quite sure what the future holds. All I know for now is that I have my family, my friends, and my man who love me, support me, and cheer me on every single day. Because of them I have made it this far and because of them, I will make it through the next step into the unknown "real world." You know, the world of work days, maybe 2 weeks of vacation, and no summers...woof.

So for now, I'm going to enjoy these last few moments of being a student. Of being able to get the student discount at places, of being in class with my friends, of walking the halls of my school carrying a backpack. For now, I'm enjoying and living in the moment. Because in a few short weeks, this moment will be over.

And maybe I'll go buy a Lisa Frank trapper keeper and go out in style :)


3 comments:

  1. Girl, you definitely need to go out in style!!! :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment, Katie!! :) You go girl!! I definitely support the buying of a Lisa Frank trapper-keeper! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chica! First, I totally know what you mean about the first time you have no idea what EXACTLY is coming next. Everything will work itself out, promise. Just focus your energy on passing that beast of a bar exam first, blegh. Anywho, send me your email address so I can send you some more info on your travels ;) cnferri@gmail.com Hope you're having a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete