Whoa. Have I been a bad blogger. Here are the highlights from the last two months to get us updated and hopefully, now I will be a less-absentee blogger.
- Second year of law school is OvEr!!! Whoever said that second year is easier was wrong. and dumb. and their pants should be on fire... actually all of their pairs of pants should be burnt. Anyways, I think the best way to describe the past two years of law school is: First year, they scare you to death. Second year, they work you to death. Regardless, I have been scared to death, worked to death, and now I'm looking forward to be "bored to death" as a 3L!!
- I made my first A in law school! YAY!
- I began my externship with Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas in Lbk. My first day was this past Tuesday and I will be working there all summer. I am excited because Supervisor assigned me my own case. I will be working with Client from the beginning of the case to the end of the case. I will be interviewing Client, writing Client's will, and composing Client's advance directive and durable power of attorney. Since I have decided I want to focus on estate planning, wills and trusts, and elder law, I am extremely excited for this learning opportunity and I am also scared to death because I have no idea what I am doing haha.
- Zach and I went on the most bomb.com vacay ever. We, along with several other families including Zach's Dad and his Step-Mom island hopped through the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas for about 10 days. Here are some high/interesting points from the trip
- We were able to visit several locations, many of which were only accessible by boat.
- Great Guana Cay
- Treasure Cay (top 10 most beautiful beach)
- Hope Town
- Marsh Harbour
- Baker's Bay
- Great Turtle Cay
- Little Abaco
- Elbow Cay
- New Plymouth
- *interesting notes:
- "Cay" is pronounced "key"
- Bahamans drive on the left side of the road
- We were on a Moorings 4600 Catamaran which was phenomenal. It had 4 bedrooms and 4 baths, indoor living and outdoor living, and (my favorite part) a trampoline-mesh area at the front where you could lay out over the water, read your book, and get a tan
- We got to do some amazing scuba-diving
|Our Cat with the sails up|
|The mesh-trampoline thing is at the front|
|Our actual Cat, the Nauti-Buoy with our two captains, Zach and his dad Dennis|
|Where we saw a stingray!|
30 ft. of water + disposable camera= terrible shot. But you get the idea.
|And some starfishies|
|Always have a snorkel-buddy :)|
- One interesting point in the trip....At this bar I was attacked by Noseeums also called Sand Fleas. I will not post pictures but I had bites from my toes to my forehead. Zach and I counted and I had 135... on one leg.
- We got to see some amazing sunsets
|Sunset a Baker's Bay|
|Sunset at Great Guana Cay|
|Ana and Dennis and Zach and Me|
|Beautiful sunset. Amazing man. Wonderful vacation. I am such a lucky girl.|
- Please visit The Mooring's website. There are 27 great locations all over the world where you can rent your own sail boat or powered boat.
Sadly, besides finals, work and the vacay, not much else has gone on since the last post. It has been an amazing start to Summer 2012 so far and I'm looking forward to what else it has in store. Until next time!